Sublime Text 2 is a cross-platform text and code editor for OS X, Windows, and Linux with many innovative features and a thriving ecosystem of add-on packages. This course reveals some of the basic, not-so-basic, and downright hidden features of the editor, and shows you how to become a more productive developer. Author Kevin Yank shows how to write and edit basic code, tweak the editing configuration to your preference, and automate code creation with macros and snippets. He also surveys a dozen of the best add-on packages for Sublime Text, which speed up some of the more tedious programming tasks.
Topics include Sublime Text 2 :
- Opening, viewing, and editing files
- Adding custom themes and color schemes
- Performing different types of find and replace operations
- Editing multiple lines simultaneously
- Automating tasks with macros and snippets
- Working with add-ons like Package Control, Line Endings, and Hyperlink Helper