Understanding the foundations of networking is paramount for any IT professional (Networking Basics). This course covers the very basics. Professor of computer science Tim Pintello introduces the core networking topologies and implementation examples. He will also explain and compare the OSI and TCP/IP models, and introduce viewers to commonly used network devices, such as NICs, hubs, switches, and routers.
Topics include Networking Foundations: Networking Basics:
- Topologies: mesh, bus, ring, star, and more
- Point-to-point vs. point-to-multipoint networks
- Exploring LANs, WLANs, and PANs
- Understanding the seven layers of the OSI model
- Exploring layers in the TCP/IP model
- Working with NICs, hubs, switches, and routers