In this course, photographer and educator Erin Manning shows beginning photographers how to appreciate and work with natural light. First Erin takes a look at the qualities of light, from softness to direction to color, and details the camera settings that help you get the most out of the scene’s available light. Then Erin works together with a student to shoot a natural-light portrait, employing inexpensive accessories such as reflectors along the way.
Topics include Learning Lighting Natural Light:
- Learning to identify the quality of light
- Avoiding color casts
- Setting exposure, white balance, and ISO
- Finding good natural light
- Reflecting and diffusing light
- Understanding lighting ratios